Launched in 2012, the AGBU Performing Arts Department (PAD) educates global audiences about Armenian culture through diverse programming and a multitude of international events. Some of our notable annual programs and performances include: AGBU Musical Armenia Program, the Armenians in Film at Lincoln Center Series, the AGBU Performing Artists in Concert at Carnegie Hall; AGBU Sayat Nova International Composition Competition (biennial), and the new Creative Armenia – AGBU Fellowships.
Together with AGBU Chapters, PAD tours artists throughout Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas. Through its Performing Arts Mini-Grant program, PAD also supports emerging artists by granting awards to high-achieving students and professionals from around the world in the fields of music, theater, film, art, dance, and more.
PAD has hosted numerous events at prestigious venues and collaborated with renowned organizations globally:
AT A GLANCE . . .
- (le) Poisson Rouge, New York City | Armenian Jazz Series
- Salle Cortot, Paris | AGBU Sayat Nova International Composition Competition Gala Concert
- Tsunohazu Kumin Hall, Tokyo | East and West Music
- Columbia University, New York City | Composers of the Ottoman Empire
- Salle Frank-Martin in Geneva | Chamber Music Concert
- BRIC, Brooklyn | Tigran Hamasyan’s Luys i Luso
- Weill Music Institute’s Musical Explorers | Zulal Trio teaches Armenian songs throughout New York City public schools, culminating in multiple performances at Carnegie’s Zankel Hall
- Shanghai Concert Hall and Shanghai Conservatory of Music | AGBU presents Sounds of the Silk Road: From Armenia to China at the Cadillac Shanghai Concert Hall
- Creative Armenia | Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellowship awards funding and provides mentorship to innovative Armenian artists
- Casa Asia Film Festival | Arev Arts Ensemble presents Japanese and Armenian music
- Waseda University | AGBU presents a lecture on the musical history and culture of Armenia
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral | East-West: Organ & Duduk concerts promote Armenian music and international artists
- GetClassical | With You Armenia explores Armenian music with Mischa Maisky, Lily Maisky and Yelena Lisitsian
To learn more about global PAD events and collaborations, click here.